August 26, 2015
VILLAGE OF RICHFIELD SPRINGS
PUBLIC HEARING & BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
MINUTES AND ORDER OF BUSINESS
August 26, 2015 in the Public Library Memorial Room.
Elected Officers – Mayor Ronald A. Frohne II, Trustee Robin Moshier, Trustee Frances Hazelton, Trustee Warren Leonard, and Trustee Donna Bordinger.
Appointed Officers – Dayle A. Barra, Clerk & Harriett Geywits, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer.
Public Hearing on Proposed Local Law 2-2015 called to order at 6:02pm by Mayor Frohne, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. No public comment.
Motion to adjourn Public Hearing at 6:03 by Trustee Moshier, 2nd by Trustee Bordinger – all voted yes.
Commencement of Board of Trustees Meeting
Property Maintenance Hearing:
Motion to declare the following properties, as reported by ZEO, a public nuisance and authorize remediation pursuant to Property Maintenance Code § 207-9 of Village Code by Trustee Moshier, 2nd by Trustee Hazelton. Trustees Moshier, Hazelton, Leonard, Bordinger and Mayor Frohne voted yes.
45 Monticello St
Water Treatment Plant Operator Doug Bordinger has several costly upgrades and/or repairs necessary for daily operations. The Mayor suggested he prioritize them to be discussed at a meeting the morning of August 28th. Mr. Bordinger also thanked Bill Collins and DPW staff for assisting him with garnet at the Plant.
Department of Public Works Superintendent Bill Collins reported progress such as a new picnic table in Spring Park, street painting and repairs.
Motion to approve advertising for Street Paving/Patching Proposals as outlined to be opened at the Meeting of 9/30/15 by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Bordinger – all voted yes.
Motion to approve repair of several drop outlets not to exceed cost of $4000 by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Moshier – all voted yes.
Motion to contract Ron’s Tree Service to remove several dead trees in Spring Park and Library grounds per proposal dated 8/18/15 by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Hazelton – all voted yes.
Bill Klemm discussed the potential dangers from dead trees in the village. Mayor Frohne agreed and informed him that being the reason for contracting a tree removal company to remove them from village-owned properties.
Motion to approve minutes from 8/11/2015 by Trustee Hazelton, 2nd by Trustee Bordinger – all voted yes.
Deputy Clerk/Treasurer – Harriett Geywits
- Provided proposals for Library painting. Motion to approve Otsego Pro Painting for $8700 per proposal dated 7/29/15 by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Hazelton – all voted yes.
- Treasurer notes, trial balance, profit & loss and transfers submitted. Motion to approve inter-fund transfer of $20,000.00 from A201 General to L201 Library by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Moshier – all voted yes.
- Motion to approve transfer of $484.58 from A9060.8 to Health Insurance to AHRA village share by Trustee Moshier, 2nd by Trustee Leonard – all voted yes.
- Motion to approve the following transfers by Trustee Bordinger, 2nd by Trustee Hazelton – all voted yes.
From A1210.4 Mayor Contractual to A1325.4 Treasurer Contractual $432.94
From G8120.4 Sanitation to G8110.4 Contractual $94.52
From FX8340.1 Distribution Personal Svcs to FX8340.4 Contractual $1436.15
From FX9060.8 Health Ins to FXHRA Village Share $80.00
Clerk – Dayle Barra
- Abstract #06 Funds: General $35,126.17, Water $4106.24, Sewer $5802.20, Cemetery $623.46, Trust & Agency $82.64; total: $45,740.71. Motion to approve Abstract #06 by Trustee Moshier, 2nd by Trustee Bordinger – all voted yes.
- Motion to approve Power Generation Price Quote of $682.50 generator repair by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Moshier – all voted yes.
- Motion to approve Williamson Law Book Company Software Program Support Contracts for Clerk $605, Water/Sewer $847, and Tax Collection $385 by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Moshier – all voted yes.
- Motion to approve Arrow Contraction Commercial Demolition Permit for United Refining dated 7/30/15 by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Moshier – all voted yes.
- Village website launched 8/21/15 and updates/revisions will be initiated soon.
Trustee Bordinger – Reviewed bills and had several questions including drug screen charges. She will further review and seek price comparisons.
Trustee Moshier – Inquired on prohibited activities on Allen Lake and how to regulate them. SEQRA review performed for Proposed Local Law 2-2015.
Motion to approve Part I of the Full Environment Impact Assessment by Trustee Hazelton, 2nd by Trustee Leonard. Motion to approve Part II by Trustee Leonard, 2nd by Trustee Moshier. Motion to approve Part III by Trustee Moshier, 2nd by Trustee Bordinger. All voted yes on all three motions.
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ADOPTION OF A FINDING OF NO SIGNIFICANT IMPACT
WHEREAS, the Village Board introduced proposed Local Law amending Village Code §275-12 A. (2) entitled: “A Local Law Amending Chapter 275, Entitled ‘A Local Law Amending Chapter 275, Entitled ‘Zoning’ of the Code of the Village of Richfield Springs Repealing and Amending certain provisions thereof in the Business District; and
WHEREAS, the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) regulations found at 6 NYCRR Part 617.3(a) requires that no agency shall carry out, fund, or approve an action until it has complied with the requirements of SEQRA; and
WHEREAS, 6 NYCRR 617.6(a) requires for approval of an action it must: (1) determine whether the action is subject to SEQRA, (2) determine whether the action involves a federal agency, (3) determine whether other agencies are involved, (4) make a preliminary classification of the action, (5) determine whether a short or full EAF will be used to deter-mine the significance of the action; and
WHEREAS the Board is declared as lead agency with respect to SEQRA review of proposed action, and;
WHEREAS, the Board determined that in accordance with NYSCRR Part 617.4(b) (10) that the action is classified as a Type 1 action; and
WHEREAS, concluded in the Part 3 EAF and the Negative Declaration that the project will not result in any significant adverse impacts as defined by SEQRA; and
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, the Village Board adopts a Negative Declaration for the proposed action as described in the Part 3 Full Environmental Assessment Form.
Motion to adopt Resolution by Trustee Bordinger, 2nd by Trustee Leonard – all voted yes.
Motion to adjourn meeting at 8:33pm by Trustee Moshier, 2nd by Trustee Hazelton – all voted yes.
Dayle A. Barra, Village Clerk